Thursday, January 22, 2009

Camp Electric!!!!

I am so excited! For years, we have looked for something that Ally was passionate about like the boys were about baseball. I can't tell you how much money and time we have spent on baseball. We always just wanted the boys to be able to say they tried and not have to look back. When Rob and I got married, my first "post marriage" job was at Merrill Lynch. I was in charge of all the stocks and cash. (sounds great huh, but I was behind a bullet proof window and it was SO BORING) Anyway, one of the brokers who was big at Tech realized that I was married to Rob Hall from Frenship and told me how they were trying to recruit him for football. Anyway, he was so hesitant when he graduated from high school that he never tried. He just went to college with no football at all. He was one of their star players and he always wonders, "what if?" So, we tried to never let that happen to the boys. Now, it's been a more difficult process to figure out Ally's passion. But I think it's music. She is so naturally talented. She can play anything on the keyboard and I think she has a beautiful voice. (It's possible I guess that I am a little biased) Anyway, she is going to CAMP ELECTRIC in Nashville Tennessee this summer. Some big name artists and their band member are going to be there to teach and train the kiddos: Sanctus Real; Pillar, Kutless, Barlow Girl, Jeremy Camp, Todd Agnew, the Katinas, Red, Toby Mac, Big Daddy Weave, and many more! There is a concert every night of the camp and a mystery artist! So, my friend Rhoda and I are going to go and spend a week shopping and playing in Nashville! Woo Hoo! I am so excited! Ally has to choose voice or keyboard...I hope she chooses voice....but she'll ask Leslie...and her opinion will be the one that matters...LOL! But that's okay.

No comments: