
Wow! Ally is now 16...and it's been the never ending birthday! Woo Hoo for Sweet 16. First, on her actual birthday, we had a normal mother/daughter day. You know, movie, then lunch, throw in a little shopping. How sweet. Then, we had a trip to San Antonio for the Alamo and shopping at La Cantera. Again, how sweet. Then, on to the beach in Corpus Christi. Again, how sweet. Then came the Surprise birthday party. I have to say, the party was pretty darn cute. We did a vintage theme. Ally really likes all things old. It's very cute. So, we did some fabulous homemade party things to create a fabulously classic surprise party. First, my hubby gave me 1200 sq ft of warehouse space to use however I wanted. What a treat! So, we transformed the space into a "coffee house" feel. We bought some reclaimed furniture, added some cute tables, some classic old fashioned party table clothes, threw in some of the cutest and best tasting cupcakes, some hot tea/coffee and then topped it off with a 4 foot by 4 foot chandelier hanging 12 feet in the air! It was so-o-o-o-o cute. Of course, what would a party in 2010 be without some electronic gadgetry...so Ally's big brother, Robby hooked us up with an awesome sound system and a giant 10 foot screen to play "Just Dance 2" for the Wii! Fun Fun Fun...The garage door/warehouse feel was awesome. (pictures on facebook) So, again...how sweet 16 that was. But no, about 5 weeks after her actual birthday, we shall be in Austin to see the fabulous Brooke Fraser. Rhoda got tickets for Ally to see her in concert. Of course, she can't go alone...so I'm going too! Woo Hoo! Lastly, how sweet 16!
Since the party, I am addicted to crafting...seriously folks, it's getting ridiculous. My hubby gave me the 1200 sq ft space to keep and so I've left the vintage furniture and the tables. I'm in the process of organizing my sewing stuff, scrapbooking stuff, general craft stuff, Cricut machine stuff, commercial adhesive machine stuff, and a bunch of other "stuff." I've got the plans ready to go for building an amazing "serving bar" so that we can continue to have other events in this awesome space. I have a mini-fridge, a microwave, a convection oven, my Melitta coffee/tea maker with all the fixins....AND...we've even added wi-fi! So, we can have some friends over for some wine and chocolate...or maybe a coffee house meeting....maybe a birthday party....how about craft time! Woo Hoo!
Now I just need a name for this fabulous chick space! Any ideas?


No comments:
Post a Comment