Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ally said so

Okay, I just blogged this morning but it's Saturday and it's my day to get to take a long long bath...okay...just so you will know, I love to take a BATH.....like an hour or maybe two...it is my favorite me time. I only take a bath when I can set up my bath tools (the laptop on the perfectly selected stool that sits at the perfect height next to my tub, whatever book I am reading, something cold to drink, and any other thing I might want to work on) Just so you will know, I hate doing nothing...doing nothing annoys me and so years ago, I decided that I would make the perfect relaxation time (obviously it only works on freaks like me)...The Productive Bath...so here I am, several years later still having a productive bath a couple of times a week (I shower other days because it's faster). So, I'm sure that was total TMI for you...but I told you all of that because Ally came into the bathroom and wanted me to do the Christmas Tag from Leslie so here goes:
1. What is your favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bell Rock
2. What is your favorite Christmas album? Casting Crowns new Christmas album
3. What is your favorite Christmas gift you have ever received? definitely the car in 06
4. What is your favorite gift that you are giving this year? Oh...I can't say...it's Ally's but I am super jazzed, I think she will love it! Well, Poppy's gift is super cool too....I hope he loves it!
5. Favorite place/location to look at Christmas lights? Locally: Ransom Canyon but really I love Dallas at Christmas time too. Georgia was already looking good at Thanksgiving too.
6. Favorite Christmas treat/candy? Definitely Mimi's potato and peanut butter candy or when my mom makes homemade fudge WITHOUT NUTS JUST for me and one of my sisters who also is a picky eater like me. (Love ya Wyvonne)
7. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Not really funny...but I'll change the question for me to Best Christmas memory...ok? We were living in Asheville, NC and it was my first Christmas without my family (the Bakers). I was sad about being away but the hardest thing for me was that I would not get to hear my daddy read the Christmas story and say the Christmas prayer. UGHHH....Robby and Ronny were in 1st grade and Kindergarden and I wanted to be excited but I was so sad. As an awesome gift, my dad and mom decided to record Daddy telling the Christmas story with the prayer and mail it to me. I was so excited! Christmas Eve (which is the big Baker family Christmas) came and the video did not arrive. I was devastated. I was so sad. That night, we were getting ready to open gifts and the doorbell rang. It was pretty late (maybe 9:30 p.m. or later) and when we answered the door, it was the postman. He had taken his vehicle back to the station earlier in the day and had found a package that had not gotten put on his deliveries for the day and he carried it with him (after he had gotten off of work) and finally decided to bring it over. He said he just "felt" like he should get it to us. Anyway, it was the video and you can never know how much that little miracle meant to me.

No comments: