Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Latest...in my life/ My Christmas Tag!

So...it has been a while since I have blogged...but there are a couple of funny stories I have to tell...so here it goes...

Expensive Stores:
  1. After thanksgiving...we drove back to Dallas...(Which was a long drive!!!) We went to the Galleria Mall to show Sumaiya the huge Christmas tree. She took a lot of pictures of the tree... cause she was so fascinated by it! After taking pictures of the Christmas tree...we went into a couple of stores (Which I may add were kind of expensive stores just by looking at them!) The first one we went into (Which I can't remember the name of) carried beautiful evening and partying dresses. So...we are looking at the dresses and we find this beautiful dress. We were like OMG! It's so beautiful! Well...then we look at the price tag and it is $250.00! For just a simple dress that looks like you could make yourself! That is so super crazy!!! After we got out of that store...we went into this store called "Coach." (It's the store that carries all the famous coach purses) When we walked in...this girl welcomes us and tells us about their special deal. We tell her thank and everything...and start looking around. Again...one of their purses is $150.00. Crazy expensive! Well...then the same girl looks at me and says, "I have that exact sweater that you have on! " I'm like "Really..." She asks me where I got mine and I say, "Oh, I got mine at Target." Then I ask her if she got it at Target too. But she looks at me and says, "No...I got mine at some store that is really expensive...again...I don't remember the name of it...so I got really uncomfortable...but then I thought to myself and said, "I bet I paid way less than you, so I shouldn't feel weird about." Then she says, "Are you guys looking for anything specific?" We said, "No...we are just looking around." The she gives us this book of great Christmas gifts to give. She says, "Just look around and you might found something for someone." I'm thinking..."heck no!" I can't even afford this bracelet which is by the way $87.00. So...I tell Sumaiya..."We have to get the heck out of here before she gives us something else." Then she looks at us and says, "You should look at our purses...they're on sale for $100.00 right now." I am thinking I have a small coach...which my mom bought for me in India...for way cheaper than that. So I told Sumaiya to start talking in her language so we could get out of the store without the lady stopping us again. So...Sumaiya started talking in her language and the lady says, "Are you guys going to buy anything?" We said, "No...but we will keep it in mind." Then she says bye and we leave. Sumaiya and I thought that it was an interesting experience for us. So just a tip: If you are going into some kind of expensive store....be ready for them to really get you to buy something. :)

Cleaning Up Throw Up:

After we got back from Dallas...later in the week I babysat the Rampys. They had been at my house for a few hours. We had just come from outside and we were going to watch a show on T.V...We started watching the show and then out of no where I hear a gag. I look over and see Bo (The third youngest out the four kids - he is 4) as white as a sheet...and throw up all over my mom's furniture! I start freaking out! I'm thinking that my mother is going to kill me because Bo just threw up on her furniture! So...I tell Bo to go to the bathroom while I try to clean up the throw up. When I start cleaning it up...I thought I might throw up myself! Because oh my gosh...it smelled so bad! It was so nauseating...thank the Lord my mother wasn't mad...and thank the Lord the throw up all came up!

Well...those are my latest funny stories...I hoped you liked them...

Alright...so I see that Leslie Christmas tagged her whole blog list...and I thought that some of the Christmas tags were really cool and funny. So... here is my Christmas tag:

1.What is your favorite Christmas song? I'll Be Home For Christmas

2. What is your favorite Christmas album? Harry Connick Jr.'s album called "What A Night.

3. What is your favorite Christmas gift you have ever received? My first talking baby doll. I got her in 01...I named her Bella.

4. What is your favorite Christmas gift that you are giving this year? I can't really say...it's my Dad's gift and I am really excited about it!!! Also...I am super excited about my Mom's gift too!

5. What is your favorite place/location to look at Christmas lights? Definitely Dallas...and at Texas Tech...

6. What is your favorite Christmas treat/candy? Dark chocolate kisses

7. What is your funniest Christmas memory? On my second Christmas with my family (By the way I was adopted...so I wasn't 2 years old...I was 6) I got this doll who was called 'Amazing Ally." I was so fascinated that her name was Ally just like mine: Ally. Amazing Ally was the kind of doll that was supposed to ask you to help her put on her clothes and etc... So one of her questions was to put on her yellow tights. So I put on her yellow tights just like she said....and then she asks again, "Can you please put on my yellow tights?" I make sure I have put on her yellow tights properly...and then she says again, "Please put on my yellow tights." So...I go get my mom...so that she can help understand what I am doing wrong. She tells me I have put on her yellow tights and they are on the right way too. But that still doesn't satisfy the doll...because once again she says, "Please put on my yellow tights." So by now I am yelling and shaking the doll saying, "You have on your yellow tights you stupid doll!" Then all of a sudden the doll won't stop saying, "Please put on your yellow tights." The doll is saying it over and over and...over. I am getting so frustrated and all I want to do is kill the doll! So I killed the popular doll. End of story...Ha! Jk! I really didn't kill the doll...but my Mom and I went back to Target to return it. So needless to say I never saw that doll again....

1 comment:

Amy McIntire said...

Oh, Amazing Ally... what joy she brought to our lives. Except, I am pretty sure they were purple tights. Yes, purple tights and she also always said, "I need my pack". Which we wittingly changed to "I need my crack" and got not-so-amazing Ally help through a 12-Step program at Target also.

Great memory! Love you!!