Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Skinny on Missy

Well, here we are again...planning another go at the never ending and everlasting weight loss battle. I was reading my neice's blog today (although I prefer to think of her as my friend)...The Skinny on Shelly...and I was encouraged. She is a fabulous young mom in Dallas and she has moved this mountain before...she had a beautiful little baby girl and now she is doing it again! How awesome is she! I had a beautiful little baby boy and now I am doing it too! Does it really matter that my beautiful little baby boy is 20? Seriously...

Tomorrow begins my fight....I need support. I have tried to do it, "in secret" so that I disappointed nobody...but let's get real girls, I did it in secret so that there was little or no accountability. This time.....I am gonna do it. My first goal is 10 pounds by my birthday...that's a pretty big challenge as my birthday is not too far away....I have to average about 1.7 pounds per week.

The LIFT students at COTR are doing a fundraiser in November with family pictures. It's a great deal for anyone interested....$15.00 for a basic photo package. There are serious deals to be had...and you can get custom Christmas cards too! All of the prices are so super low that I can't believe that there is anyone who would not want to do a package for each of their kids and a family one too! Anyway, I am going to be the last appointment and I am going to have my picture made. I have not had my picture made "on purpose" in a long time...but I am going to conquer my fear and intimidation of the camera. I don't have fabulous hair or a fabulous figure...and lately, the middle age zits make me wanna stab myself in the eyeball...but it's not about that for me....it's about leaping high and long over this mountain that has been in my way for many years!

No comments: