Sunday, November 16, 2008

Missy: The Life in My Years

Abraham Lincoln said, "At the end, it's not the years in your life that counts, it's the life in your years." Boy do I hope that's true....turning 41 on Saturday was surreal to me. I don't feel 41. I know I must look 41 because people guess my age pretty accurately most of the time. But I feel so much younger. Most days, I feel about 30. I certainly have "age related" symptoms that sometimes bring the reality of age right to my face....wrinkles, hair issues, definitely not the weight I wish to be (and it gets harder to lose with each passing year...Ha!) But for the most part....SERIOUSLY? I AM 41 NOW?

With that said, my birthday has been awesome so far. I say so far, because apparently my kids ordered a gift for me that has been delayed and I won't get it until Mon or Tue. But that's okay, it just prolongs the PAR-TAY! Rob got me an awesome gift a couple of weeks ago! I am the queen of gadgets...but unfortunately for Rob, I like the expensive stuff (sorry honey!). He got me a die cutting machine! How cool! It cuts letters up to 12" in height and shapes and other stuff. Way cool! It goes perfect with my commercial adhesive machine...Ha! First thing, I opened the church for a fantastic MTS class. It got me up and going. BFF Rhoda sent me a fantastic gift! I have a creamer/sugar set that is beautiful that I bought at Market Street about a year ago...actually Rho and I both have the set. But, she researched and found the company and bought me the matching canister set for my kitchen...they are so beautiful. Rhoda is fantastic! I can't believe that I am able to function without her in my every single day. (Actually, we kinda still spend good times together, we Skype every week and have internet coffee together..sometimes for 2-3 hours...in addition to regular txting and some phone time...it is so wonderful!) Of course, I talked to Rhoda today too...duh! My mom called me first thing to sing to me which she does every single year. I think that could potentially be devastating if I did not get that song each year. Ronny was up and working before I got back from the church, but he called me to say HB. My good friend Kristy called me first thing as well to wish me a HB. Robby called from Georgia and of course the girls spent the day with me. My fabulous mother-in-law's BD was a week ago (same as Robby's BD) but they were out of town and we had not had a chance to give her a gift so we spent some time at Mimi's first. (Seriously, some of you would be super jealous if you knew my mother-in-law...she is the greatest!) Of course Rob wished me a HB first thing too! After we went to my mother-in-law's, we had originally thought about doing some window shopping, but I decided I just wanted to kick back and relax. Oh my goodness, you would have thought the world was crashing in...the girls were so upset because I did not want to spend my BD at the mall looking at teenage girl clothes. It was so funny and cute by the way. But I won, of course, and we went home. It was awesome! I took a long nap, I played on the computer, I drew out the plans for a doggie duplex that Ronny and I are going to build today....just did what I wanted. I even made a new Rocco recipe for supper...then we had cake and ice-cream. Oh yea, my brother called and talked to me! That was cool. He is a lone wolf and I rarely see or talk to him...but it was such a great treat for him to call. One sister texted and another called me (while I was talking to Robby - sorry Carolyn, I forgot to call you back - forgive me?). Oh yea, Sumaiya got me a cute little bag with a super nice card...she is so sweet! All in all, it was a great day!

But with all that said, seriously? I am 41 now? Oh well, it's just a number. I feel that God has some great things for me this year and I don't want to miss a single one because I was whining about a number. Hope your weekend was as fabulous as mine!

1 comment:

Paige Allen said...

Didn't know it was your birthday! I would have never asked you to open MTS - so sorry! Well, glad it was a good day even though you didn't get to sleep in because of me :)